Friday, July 16, 2010

Walking at the Beach

Marc and I took a walk today in the late afternoon. He had fun saying hi to everyone we passed. Many people were surprised, but returned his greeting. Only a few people just looked at him and said nothing. We walked the top level of the strand by the beach. First, we measured the distance in the car. It was ½ mile long, so we parked at one end and began to walk. The idea was to walk to the end of the strand and back making a total of one mile. My knees worked well. I am very grateful for that. I started to have trouble when I was about ¾ of the way done. It was difficult to finish. I kept thinking of the people on the “Biggest Loser” show, and how hard they work. I kept pushing myself until I got back to the car. I know I will benefit from walking, but at the time I thought I might throw up or pass out. I hope it gets easier.


No comments: