Thursday, July 29, 2010

Got Music?

Recently I was looking for a particular song online. I wanted the lyrics. I found a recording of the song on Amazon.com. For 99¢ I downloaded the song to my computer and put it on my MP3 player. I had no idea that Amazon sold songs. I downloaded “My Own Little Lamp” by Janice Kapp Perry. I like the message this song has for Primary children. It makes a reference to the 10 virgins that waited for the Bridegroom all night. All 10 had lamps, but only 5 had brought extra oil for their lamps. These 5 were prepared and ready when the Bridegroom came. This song points out that we can’t live on the testimony of others. We need to have our own.




My Own Little Lamp

I need to have my own testimony
to be sure that the gospel is true.
It’s a blessing to have parents
who are certain of the truth,
but I need to know it too.

I need to have my own testimony
to be able to stand for the right.
I know there may come a time
when I will have to walk alone,
and I can’t live on borrowed light.

I must ask the Lord.
I must make a choice
To listen for his gentle voice.
And then I will know that these things are right,
And my own little lamp will be filled with light.

No comments: