Monday, October 18, 2010

Primary Practice

Yesterday the Primary practiced for the second time in the chapel. The Primary Sacrament Meeting program is next Sunday on October 24th. The practice went much better than the first week. It was fortuitous that Sacrament Meeting got out early. We really needed the extra time. The children sang much better, and some of the children actually had their parts memorized. One little 5-year-old boy indicated he really did not need any help, and he did a great job. I was very concerned after the first practice, but I am much encouraged by how well it went yesterday. It was a 100% improved.

I did not go home after Ward Council, but I stayed and watched the 1st ward practice their program. I got some good ideas. They had found a way to make the chorister more visible, and we used their example successfully. They began their program by having the children leave their parents after the Sacrament, and having them line up in the hall. They then marched in reverently while one little girl sang a solo. She had a sweet voice. She did a good job, and her name was Margaux (pronounced Margo). She reminded me of watching my own little Margot sing solos for Primary. It was a sweet memory.

No comments: