Monday, October 25, 2010

It Was a Miracle

After our first rehearsal in the chapel I was skeptical as to how successful the Primary Sacrament Meeting would be, but yesterday a miracle occurred. Many people had predicted it would be fine. I was amazed that many of the children, who had not previously prepared, were now ready. All of the 5 year olds recited their parts, and did a good job.

I sat right behind the microphone, and beside the Sunbeams. At one point in the program, the little boy I sat next to offered to show me his rub-on tattoo that was on his back. I assured him that I didn’t need to see it. At another point when the Sunbeams stood at the front singing, they began to slide back and forth bumping into each other. This was not all of the Sunbeams, but it involved three little boys. One sweet little girl was very reverent, and did what she was supposed to do.

My counselors and secretary did a great job making sure everything was in place. The chorister and pianist did not miss a beat, and the teachers shepherded their classes perfectly. I was impressed with the children, and I was once again reminded why I love Primary. And one of the most miraculous occurrences; we ended on time!



2 comments:

Margot said...

I'm glad everything went so well. I'm excited for our Primary Program in a few weeks. Peter is more excited for the rehearsal and accompanying pizza party that will be taking place the day before.

And well done ending on time. I don't love it when Sacrament Meeting runs late.

KaDee said...

You did a great job getting it all together Crystal.