Friday, October 29, 2010

The Training Is Done!


I finished the Holt English Language Arts training today. It was interesting, but I would rather have been with my students. Marc worked at the same site today, and we got to have lunch together. Having lunch together is a rare treat. In fact it is the first time we have had lunch together on a school day. By the time the day ended, everyone was watching the clock and eager to leave. The head of the Special Education Department at my school attended this training too. She said that we may have to take the training for Holt Math. I was hoping that attending this training would make the politicians happy. The state is spending a lot of money on this training, and now the state cannot fund more books until 2014. I think the politicians that mandated this training need to be more specific about who needs it. They should require teachers who actually teach it to be trained. That would make sense, but what am I saying? Politics don’t always make sense.

No comments: